Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'll Always Carry a Camera

The other day, I was in the car with my father and brother. We were driving to Wal Mart for various and sundry foodstuffs and other household items. As we pulled into the parking lot, I saw two homeless guys standing on little patches of grass on either side of the entrance to the parking lot. The one on the left was sitting on the grass with an old backpack and a faded red cooler, holding the stereotypical hobo sign; you know, "Hungry family. Anything helps, please give."

The other hobo was a bigger guy with a grizzly gray beard. He had a nasty old baseball cap on, and he also had a sign. It looked like this:















We all looked at each other in surprise, and then laughed for a good two minutes. We very nearly went back for a picture, but nobody had a camera.

Never again will I be caught unawares by such a stellar situation--I'll always carry my camera with me. :)

Love always,
Kate

1 comment:

Melody said...

This made me laugh quite heartily!